Tuesday, September 23, 2008

LA County Fair Favorites

We went to the Fair last week for the first time in our married life. My memories of the Fair include being hot, seeing a lot of tatoos, and throwing up from too many treats and rides. So needless to say I was not in a hurry to go back. But, as homeschoolers, we got free tickets, free parking, and were able to get in two hours before the Fair opened to the public, so how could I refuse? It actually turned out to be a very fun and educational day! Here were some of our family favorites:

Dad loves the rides!

Mom liked the Hawaii exhibit and the hands on experiences the boys were getting.

Tanner loves anything "scientific" so he was in heaven with this huge magnifying glass and the real microscopes!


Hunter loved the petting zoo!

3 comments:

Raena Johnson said...

Melissa, have you taken the boys to the Discovery Science Center in Orange County? It was really cool that I actually bought a season pass - lots of hands on and lots of exhibits. I'm not much of a science person but I was very pleased with it.

The Titmi said...

what a deal! I haven't wanted to go to the fair either but that definitely sounds worth it

Jessica Brunson said...

I keep telling myself "this year is going to be the year" we go to the LA Fair...but something always comes up. It looks like you guys had alot of fun. How is the home schooling going?