Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our Trip

Ladd and I spent last weekend in Salt Lake City at a Conference for the J. Rueben Clark Law Society. I thought the conference might be a little on the dull side, but Ladd assured me I would like it, and I did. He explained it as "EFY for Attorneys." And that is pretty much what it was. There was only one time where I had to lean over and say "I have no clue what this guy is talking about." The rest of the conference was very uplifting and motivational, even for a stay at home mom with no legal training. It was fun to get away with Ladd for four whole days and have him all to myself. We did not know anyone else at the conference, so it really was Ladd and I on our own!

The conference fed us SO WELL the whole weekend, but the highlight was the dinner reception at the Conference Center after we heard from Steven R. Covey in the Tabernacle. There were tables set up with food from around the world. Here is a picture of the USA table, including such dishes as "green jello salad" and "Thomas S. Monson's favorite meatballs". I think they should have called it the Utah table instead of the USA table!
Then, there was this huge dessert table with very tempting choices. I gave in and lost my "no sweets" point for Healthy Habits that day. It was so worth it! I ate way more than I should have, but I figured if I was going to lose a point, I might has well make the most of it! It was a very nice evening.

This cute girl (Brielle) and the rest of her adorable family (Lawni, Scott, and Bryce) let us crash in their basement while we were there. It was fun to see them. We also get to spend a little time with Jenn and Andrew, Kimball and Brooke, and Kristen and Cory. I only wish we had a little more time with everyone!

1 comment:

Packer Family said...

That is great you and Ladd were able to spend time on your own!