Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Normal

At six weeks postpartum, you are supposed to feel "normal" again. Well, I have never felt normal 6 weeks after having a baby and it used to get me down. This time I realized its a new normal. If I want the 2 kid normal feeling back, I would have to give the third one back and I am way too in love with her to do that. So, we are happily adjusting to our new normal. I have tried getting out of the house a bit more for my sanity and that of my boys. I am planning to slowly get back into a workout routine soon and hopefully back into a few of my pants. Here are a few things that helped us to approach our new normal this week:

Swimming Lessons!
Hunter loved his lessons, thought he was brave enough to go off the diving board on the last day, but decided it was a little out of his comfort zone and preferred the splash pad instead.

Tanner thought learning to dive was great fun and loved going down the slide on the last day.

They both enjoyed the hot shower after their lessons! And I loved that they were showered and in their jammies by the time we were home from swimming!

Circus
We were able to go to the Circus with Maquel, Chelsea, and kids this year. Don't worry, I didn't take my month old baby to stands with sticky cotton candy stuck to the seat and strangers all around. We had a box seat(thanks to Grandpa Hoyal!) all to ourselves. The circus was o.k., but the kids still had fun and it gave us some free air conditioning for a few hours.

Hunter excited for Circus to start before deciding that it was "too long". (Yes, 2 hours and 20 minutes is a bit of a long circus act!)

Another New Baby Girl!
My cousin, Kathy, is pregnant with her first baby. A baby girl due in November. We are so excited for Kathy and Leto and know they will make great parents. We are sad that they live in Brazil so we won't get to see her as often as we would like. I went to a shower for Kathy since she is spending some time here in the US before she becomes a mommy. Kathy is the one in the middle with the lay(sp?). I look more pregnant than her!
I realize this is one of those awkward newborn pictures, but I wanted to get a picture of Charity in her party dress she wore to the shower, because it just maybe the last time she fits in it! I love the pink fluff! She has been a trooper getting lugged around in her carseat as we attempt to be normal again. Her new normal includes lots of spitting up, more wakeful times during the day, and smiling!!

Well, I am off to bed as every minute of sleep is important these days!

No comments: