Thursday, March 7, 2013

Avant Garde

We learned about Jacques Louis David, Napoleon Bonaparte's painter, and recreated some of his art, while learning about the Infamous French General...

Napoleon in His Study
David's version...

Tanner's versions...

Napoleon Crossing the Alps
David's Version...

Hunter's enthusiastic versions...


These two cuties stood against the wall and started to smile when I was taking pictures of the big kids, so it may not be a David duplicate, but how could I resist?

We also enjoyed some french delicatessens...

and made "Mille-feuille", Napoleon's favorite dessert!  Yum!


If only we could take a field trip to Paris...

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I love, love, love, the kid versions! Love, Grandma

Ruth said...

BTW, if you do take that field trip to Paris, I would like to be a chaperone!

Melissa said...

What is a Chaperone?
Tanner

Ruth said...

Tanner,
A chaperone is someone who comes with to help with the kids...Grandma loves Paris...so that is why I would love to go on a field trip there.

Melissa said...

Nelly is a chaperone.
Tanner

Ruth @ with freedom and books said...

What a cool idea. I will need to consider this for our next art study.

I was reading my comments on my blog, and I saw you made a comment on our trip to the Getty. I cannot reply specifically to you on my blog, though I do not know why!!! But I wanted you to know that Victoria made up the booklets, and you should contact her about getting a copy. She said she was going to make it available to the group, but I do not know if she did.