Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last post for this school year...

I like to take pictures of our school room at the end of the year.  I don't put up much at the beginning of the year, because I like it to be a child centered classroom designed by them!  This was the first year I did not have a bedroom as a school room.  We used our downstairs dining room, converted to office, now converted to school room.  It actually worked well.  I stored a lot of things in a closet upstairs, so only what we were actually using this year made it into the school room.  There are three big windows in this little room, so not a lot of wall space, but we managed!



 We wanted to show off all our hard work throughout the year to our grandparents, so we had an Open House with the "B" family.  Their grandparents live near, so they were there as well as both sets of our grandparents, my sister, and our teacher from the Charter school.
 The kids each performed a piano piece and sang the school song.  We had lots of art on display and a slideshow of the year playing on the computer.  It was a good night, and I was happy to go back and look at all we've learned throughout the year!
We had the boys' art portfolios, journals, and a few other projects on display at the Open House.  

1 comment:

Ruth said...

It was a wonderful Open House and so happy to see all the wonderful learning and work the kids have done this year. Loved the pictures of all the experiences they have had. No wonder they are excited about learning. Love, Grandma