decorated cookies…
and each brought a picture of a loved one who has passed on to talk about. I brought a picture of my Grandpa and my cousin Bruce. Tanner was only 3 when my Grandpa passed so my kids really haven't known anyone close to them who has passed on, so I just did the presentation for this activity. It was really neat to hear the other kids talk about loved ones that had passed on. This South American tradition is much more meaningful than our Halloween. I am glad we had the opportunity to honor our loved ones.
After our activity, we took the younger kids trick-or-treating in downtown Redlands while the older kids had their acting class. My Grandpa was very well known in Redlands (that's where he raised his family) and has a brick dedicated to him in downtown Redlands. We were able to find his brick and get a picture with it. I am glad my kids can get to know him a little bit, and realize what a difference he made in his community! You can't see his name here, but I think it said Coach Bill Cook, and then the years that he coached at the local school.






No comments:
Post a Comment