Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Grand Canyon

We decided to stay in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving and go see the Grand Canyon!  We drove to Vegas on Thanksgiving day, it took 5.5 hours!, ate Thanksgiving Dinner at a Vegas buffet-which was super expensive, but really good and I was so glad I didn't cook any of it! The next day we drove to the Grand Canyon.  

We went to a little western town they had set up near it...

Where the kids pretended they were dead in this coffin...




  Charity and I learned how to lasso a bull...
 And we went on a wagon ride...

Then a bus took us to see the most gorgeous views ever!  It was breathtaking!

Grandma and her girls...

And her girls and boys..

The boys went on "the Skywalk" which takes you out over the canyon on a glass bridge, which they all thought was really cool!  The girls stayed back to explore a little Native American Village...


Over that cliff behind Ladd is a drop of 4,000 ft.  When I saw him taking this picture, I was very grateful for our life insurance!  It was a fun and exhausting day!


The rest of the trip we had fun playing and eating at "Top Golf"


And relaxing at the Vegas House...




We left early Sunday morning, hoping to get home in time for church meetings...
We did not make those meetings.  It took us 8 hours to get home! It was a fun trip, but we probably won't do it over Thanksgiving weekend again!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Such a fun trip...so glad I could go. Love, Grandma