Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Ancient Greece

We have enjoyed learning about Ancient Greece this past few weeks! We met together with our school group on Friday where we learned about Michelangelo, who was not Greek, but was inspired by Classical Greek art, from the BEST ART teacher ever!

The kids made the cutest Greek Temples....


We had a Greek feast complete with olives and pita bread, and no pictures :(

And, a super hot summer style Olympics in the middle of winter...

 Discus Throw...


 Javelin Throw...


 Long Jump...
  



A three legged race...


And a super fun Chariot race...



We also had a "marathon" as we ran from my house to the park (.5 miles).  It was a great way to spend a fun time with friends as we learned and celebrated the Ancient Greeks!

As a family, we visited Daphne's Greek Restaurant to try some authentic Greek food...
It was fresh and delicious!  One person was a bit hesitant to try but eventually gave in and liked it!

And of course finished off our study by putting our Greek lap books together...











2 comments:

Ruth said...

It was so fun and glad I could be a part of it! I would love to do it anytime. A great bunch of kids to teach! Love, Grandma

Becky said...

I ran into Julie and that Living Desert and couldn't help, but think of you guys. I'm glad Tanner's surgery went well! Your family is so beautiful! I am grateful for the homeschool group. I know I only did it one year, but you guys changed my life. I'm getting my own life together, but hope to join you guys again for the 2019 school year. My kids and I really miss it.