Sunday, October 11, 2020

Cucamonga Peak

 Growing up, I'd always look at the mountain behind my house and say I want to go up there someday!  Finally, thanks to my awesome guides, Jayme and Lee, I did!  It was so much fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat!  We started hiking about 7am, and got back down about 2pm.  It seriously felt like it should've been 10 am though when we got down.  Time flies when you are having fun I guess!  I got a little altitude sickness (pounding head and slightly dizzy) about half way trough.  Luckily I mentioned it to Jayme. She popped me a few Excedrin, which thins the blood, and I was all good within 30 minutes.  Next time I'll take that in the morning before I head out!



We went a little overboard with a photo shoot at the top, so I had to bust out some yoga moves since I was too scared to do any jumping on those rocks like some braver souls!  We had a nice lunch, enjoyed the view of "Care-A-Lot", and headed back down.  My heels hurt the next day but nothing else. I hope there are more long hikes to tops of mountains in my future!    

No comments: