Christmas Eve morning started off with my friend going into labor, so I was able to spend the morning with her cute kids who were so excited about a new brother for Christmas. Once their uncle got there, I headed home to start preparing our Christmas Eve feast...
We celebrated Christmas Eve in classic Cook style. We missed Grandma, but were so grateful to get together and have a regular Christmas celebration after such a rough year. So grateful for Debbie, Kathy, Brenda, and their families.
Monica and I were sporting Grandma's Christmas vests in honor of her!
I love watching these second cousins get along so well!
These guys were so excited to take pictures near the tree. We were missing Leto this year.
On their way out, Monica texted that we needed to come out and see this rainbow. What a perfect Christmas Eve rainbow. Hopefully a sign of good things to come...
Later that night, we were informed that a family in our area was not going to have any presents due to a miscommunication with a charity that was supposed to help them out. We scrambled and along with many other wonderful families, were able to pull together gifts, food, and money so these kids could have a nice Christmas. So grateful for opportunities to serve as Christ did as we celebrated his birth.

No comments:
Post a Comment