Saturday, August 30, 2008

An Explorer in the making...

We completed our first week of school! This week went by so fast! Here are a few of the highlights:
Tanner's Paper maiche globe

Digging for buried Treasure!
This is the map we found to guide us to the buried treasure. Good thing Tanner learned how to read maps this week so he could follow it! Notice the chocolate on the sides of his mouth as he is eating his "treasure". He kept asking Ladd the rest of the day if he had seen any more X's in the yard..

Tanner in front of his tall ship, the S.S. Integrity. We are starting our Sailing the Seas unit next week, so we needed a tall ship in the classroom. At first Tanner wanted to name the ship "Noodle" but after I told Tanner ships are usually named after a person or a value that you would want the sailors on the ship to have, he chose to name the ship "Integrity". Melt my heart...

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Can I send my kid to your school?

Ruth said...

That sounds like a wonderful week. What a lucky boy! I love that he was wondering if there were any more x's in the yard. Also, the name of the ship--what a smart grandson!

Stacey Bishop said...

Excuse me while I go take a nap after thinking of all the work you do!! I am super impressed and can't wait to hear more about the best school ever!!