Lately, I have been feeling like I need to get so much "done" around here, which in turn made my kids seem annoying to me because they were always needing my attention when I was trying to accomplish something. Nothing good comes from attention seeking kids and a cranky mom. The other day a thought came to me, "Your house is getting too clean, JUST PLAY WITH THEM!" So I have been trying to do that, and getting
my stuff done on my time, not my kids time. So here are a few pictures of fun things we have done in the last week:
Quakes Game (our local minor league Baseball Team)

with our favorite Mascot, Tremor!
(You can't tell, but Hunter is laughing in the picture and kept talking about how he wanted to dance with the Dinosaur)

Ladd and Tremor got cozy too!
KidSpace Museum

Petting a hissing cockroach!


I really enjoyed my kids today and have made a goal to spend more time just playing with them. The house work will always be there, but my kids will only be little for a short while.
So to all of you mothers out there, I say:
Go Play!
5 comments:
Playing with the kids is always good! You are such a good mommy! Glad to see the ladybug hat is still in use.
The first part of your thought will never come to me (my house has never and will never be too clean -- we can rarely get it picked up), but I am totally with you on the playing with your kids. I need to do that. Thanks!
Hey Melissa...I love reading your blog, and what a great entry!! So true!!! I started a blog for our family...
http://www.packerpress.blogspot.com
Thanks for this post....i needed to hear someone say that. It's rare that I actually sit down and play with my kids these days..so sad. I guess I figure they have each other to play with. They are just growing up so fast and I need to cherish every minute with them...even the whiny screaming moments!
Here Here! Once again Melu, you are an example to me! Thanks.
Post a Comment