Saturday, October 17, 2009

Santa Barbara Trip

Last week we took an overnighter trip to Santa Barbara. It was fun to get out of the routine for a night in the middle of the week.
Playing in the hotel room
We went to a Wharf and had lunch. Tanner was a little worried about the fact that we were over water and the only thing holding us up was "old wood" but seeing the sea lions and dolphins swimming made it worth it.

We also went to the Santa Barbara Zoo. We got to see the lions roaring because they knew their dinner was coming. My favorite part were the leopards that were play fighting, it reminded me of two boys I know... It was a fun trip to a beautiful zoo!
Giraffes

Condors

My Little Hatchlings!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Glad you were able to get away!

Becky said...

That looks like it was a fun little trip! I've never done anything in Santa Barbara but must make plans. The only association I have with that place is the soap opera. Maquel used to watch it and I found myself watching it too when I'd visit, mind you I think I was like 12 at the time, pathetic! Though, I think it was one of the "cleaner" soaps back then.

jenni bishop said...

That is one of our favorite trips to make! I see you ate at Longboards...our favorite place! And the SB Zoo is so beautiful!

Carolyn said...

All I have to say is "Ladd - I am Loving those black socks!"