So, I was thinking about posting about all of my woes, but then I realized in most of these woes, there is something to be grateful for. Why not focus on the positive? Here are my woes with the blessing that comes with each of them.
1. I think I am over committing myself with school stuff which is leading to a burn out. I need to cut back or simplify.
There is really nothing I can cut out right now. I have already simplified quite a bit. I really am grateful for all the things I am able to do with my children and know that all of these commitments are benefiting my children and others. I just need to give myself a "teacher in- service day" every once in a while!
2. Hunter is almost three and a half and seriously does not know his colors.
He knows his shapes, most of his letter sounds and even makes (and cleans up!) his own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with no help.
3. I have hit a plateau in my workout regimen and need to step it up.
I am physically healthy enough to workout and enjoy exercising.
4. Our computer needs some serious help so I haven't been able to do anything with pictures lately.
We have a laptop that works just fine! All I need to do is install the picture CD so I can start uploading our pictures to the laptop!
5. Ladd is working a lot and is busy with his MBA class. We don't see him much.
He has a job and this is his last class ever! He will be done with school soon.
6. Weeds have taken over our yard!
Um, I guess this gives me an opportunity to teach my kids the value of WORK.
7. All my kids want to do is run around the house playing Star Wars and shooting make believe bad guys.
At least they want to play with each other and they are always the good guys!
8. I can't keep bread in this house!
My kids have a good appetite and enjoy the whole wheat "cardboard"-as Ladd calls it!
9. Aside from the weeds, my house needs so much work! Broken garage door, carpets that need to be replaced, out of control garage where you trip over things becasue there is absolutely NO organization, etc.
We have a home that keeps us warm and safe!
5 comments:
Wonderful post and great idea! I will have to employ your method. I think this is one reason we thank Heavenly Father for our blessings first when we pray as it gives us a bit of perspective before we ask for things.
One more positive--You are one of the best moms and daughters around! Love, Grandma
Sounds almost like my life...no, life just gets busier and busier the older we get. You are definitely a "super-mom," and you deserve more than a teacher in service day. I can't even begin to imagine how you do it all. I personally need breaks. I have to go the gym every day or I'd go nuts. As mothers and as human beings we do need to be a little selfish. We will be much better mothers if we take time for ourselves once and a while. Drop the kids at the grandparents and take off for a weekend with your husband, you deserve it!
I love this Melissa! What a great thing to blog about! I need to do the same :) ..get my thoughts back on track!!
I appreciate your possitivity, and I really like #6!
Post a Comment