Monday, April 26, 2010

It finally happened...

Tanner discovered a "wiggly tooth" about three weeks ago and it finally came out! It had gotten to the point where it was barely hanging on, and Ladd told him he couldn't go to bed until it was out. Tanner was so bent on having it come out naturally, so Ladd said he would only wiggle it until it came out. I think there might have been a little pulling involved, but either way it came out!
Tanner was so excited. He chose not to put it under his pillow tonight, so he can show his tooth off to his brother (who missed all the excitement due to an early bedtime!) and all of his friends before the Tooth Fairy adds it to her collection.

As I was putting him to bed tonight, he said he was a little sad that his tooth was out. It was his favorite tooth and he liked wiggling it. I will have to admit I was a little sad too. I remember when this tooth came in! Does an adult tooth mean the first signs that my little baby is turning into an adult? Growing up is hard on parents too!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ah, the big teeth are on their way and the extra cheesy smile. Douglas' teeth are too big for his face right now, so it's kind of funny when he smiles and ends up looking like a rabbit. By the way, the boys told me that the tooth fairy wears purple tights when she visits.

Ruth said...

That's the best toothless grin I have ever seen! You are growing up so fast! I love you so much!
Love, Grandma