Well, I guess I can't say we ran together, since the three of us were in three different races. We conquered all the 2010 Fontana Days Race had to offer! It was a very hot, smoggy day (I am sure that if school were in session, it would've been an unclean air day and kids would've had to stay in from recess), but nonetheless we ran, and ran, and ran!Tanner ran in the 1/2 mile kids dash. He had fun, although he said he got pretty tired and had to walk part of the way.



Ladd ran in the 5K, which he did "cold turkey" (no training). He is paying for that today. But, I know he had a good time because after the race, he said "When is our next race?" I am trying to get him addicted to running. Hopefully running in a race will help feed that addiction!



I ran in the Half Marathon and managed to get my worst time ever for this race. 2 hours, 8 minutes, with a 9:49 pace. Oh, well. I didn't push myself because of the heat and brown layer of smog I was running through (which I felt in my lungs!). Since I didn't push, this has been the best recovery! No digestive problems at all and my legs are only a little sore today. And- no black toenails! So, I guess there is something to say for not reaching your goal!

Surprise! My friend Areli was running in the race, too! I wish I would've known ahead of time- we could've done a few long runs together!Of course none of us could have done it with out this spectacular cheerleader and his wonderful grandma!
Our cheerleaders had to wake up super early to make sure everyone got to their races on time and then spend all morning in the heat waiting and waiting for me to finish. As you can tell by the below picture, Grandma did a great job keeping these two entertained! Thanks a million, Mom!
We spent the afternoon relaxing in the pool at Bridget's First Birthday Party!
It was nice too cool off and see family. The boys were especially impressed by the large selection of water guns available.




2 comments:
I am so impressed runners!!! One day- maybe.
Good call on getting Ladd addicted to running through races! I've never considered myself a runner but I've run two 5K's now and I love it! So glad you're getting Tanner involved too.
Post a Comment