Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June Update

It's been awhile since I blogged. We've been having some June Gloom at our house thanks to a nasty case of the flu. We are all better now and wanted to post a few of the things we've done this month when we weren't sick...

Watching our new Neighbors...

This little mama made her nest right outside of our bedroom window. We watched her patiently sit on her nest...

And then two babies appeared! We watched the daddy bring food and then the mama feed her babies. We all decided we are glad we are people so we didn't have to eat regurgitated food as babies!

After watching the babies grow exponentially, they got too crowded in the nest and flew away. I noticed the mama keeping a watchful eye on her babies from a distance as they were leaving the nest. Such a good mom! I was sad to see this little family go!


Utah Trip
We took our annual trip to Utah for BYU Basketball Camp.

People think I am crazy for going all the way up there for a sports camp, but it is really just my excuse to spend some time with our Utah family and friends. Plus, Tanner really does enjoy the camp and it has totally brainwashed my kids into thinking BYU is the best college! (which it is!)
Playing with cousins at the Park...

We usually make this trip in two days but since our trip was cut short (thank you flu bug) we drove it in one day. Thanks to books on tape it actually was not bad. I was very impressed at how these wiggly boys managed on that long trip. They really enjoyed our breakfast stop at ...
Bob's Big Boy in Baker! In fact, they requested we stop there for dinner on our return trip, which we did!

Random Pictures
When I was sick, Tanner must have kept busy with my camera! There were a million pictures on my camera of the fort he made in the backyard. Thank goodness for the delete button on digital cameras!
The fort...

The proud builder...

We are glad to be feeling better and hope all of you stay well!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Love the bird story and glad you're all better!

Ruth said...

What a good boy Tanner was when you were sick. Glad everyone seems to be on the mend. Love, Grandma

kristib said...

Adam asked today when we could go see Tanner. Let's get together soon! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick- glad you're on the mend.