Monday, November 8, 2010

Legoland, again


We just went to Legoland this summer, and I wasn't planning on going anytime soon. But when this homeschool deal came around, I decided to take advantage of it! The boys had to earn the trip with good behavior so it ended up being well worth it!
We got to go to an "Amazing Machines" class which was great. Both the boys got to invent a new ride for Legoland using gears and pulleys. They loved trying out all different sizes of gears to discover which would make the fastest ride.
Serious Lego builder at work...
Finished Product: "Dizzy Whizzy Ride"
Hunter was very original in naming his ride: Merry-go-round
Here they are at the reusable energy class where we met up with some of oour favorite friends...

After our classes, we got to enjoy the rest of day! No crowds and beautiful weather!




I was surprized when Hunter said he wanted to go on this ride. He usually wants nothing to do with any rides that look the slightest bit scary. He looks brave to begin...
But is gripping on with all his might and has the most frightened look on his face during the whole ride!
Hunter said that ride was not fun and he DID NOT want to go on it again!


3 comments:

Ruth said...

I think Dizzy Whizzy and Merry Go Round look like fun rides but I am with Hunter on that last ride. Love, Grandma

Laura said...

but cute

Bethany said...

Pharaohs, book clubs, chocolate, Halloween and legos -- so fun!