Friday, September 9, 2011

Adjusting to 3

Everyone says adjusting to the third child is the hardest. There are now more kids than parents, more kids than you have hands, etc. Well, I say the third has definitely been the easiest. I was very prayerful about whether to continue homeschooling this year with a newborn, knowing that the last two times I had a newborn in the house I had a hard time adjusting. But, I felt strongly that homeschooling was still the right thing for our family. Charity has not altered our school day too much. Yes, it takes a little longer to accomplish things, and no, we don't just get up and go quite as easily, but for the most part life is pretty smooth around here. I am more tired than usual and my house isn't quite as clean as I would like it to be, but I kind of got used to that while I was pregnant. I also feel that each child is getting enough individual attention and that nobody is neglected. They do need to be patient at times, but that is a virtue that needs to be learned (and practiced, a lot) anyways! So, I feel very blessed to have three wonderful children who get to learn and grow together each day.

So , here is Charity at three months:
Charity is perfect, aside from the frequent spitting up. I cannot say how much I love this little one. She sleeps through the night most nights and is mostly happy during the day. She has an internal alarm clock that is set for every two hours. Every two hours during the day, on the dot, she wants to eat. I don't mind it as long as she keeps sleeping through the night! Cooing and smiling have become part of her regular routine. Today, she just started blowing raspberries which kept her entertained for quite awhile! She weighs 10 pounds and 10 ounces. We love our little muffin!



1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so with you -- 3 was much easier than 1 or 2 for us. So were the ones after that. Funny, isn't it? I'll bet part of it is being more relaxed as parents.