Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Blessing and a Birthday


We blessed Charity on Sunday at church. It was nice to have most of our family there. Ladd gave a beautiful blessing and Charity was an angel the whole time. She was awake and happily staring up at the lights during the entire blessing. She is such a sweet baby and words cannot describe how much love I have for her!

Charity looked so cute in her special blessing dress. Ladd's Aunt Virginia was visiting from Missouri this month and overheard a conversation I had with my sister in laws about borrowing a dress for Charity. The next time I saw her, she had handmade this beautiful dress for Charity. She said Charity deserved her own dress. This will certainly be something I save for Charity's daughter-it is beautiful! She is laying on the blessing blanket my mom knitted for her. All of my kids have their own blessing blanket. I am so glad people who love my kids are crafty and kind enough to do these labors of love that will be passed down!


I was so grateful that my sister drove down. She could only stay through sacrament meeting and then had to head back up to Pepperdine. Her MBA program keeps her busy, but we love to see Aunt Monica!

After church, our family came over for dinner. Since Hunter's birthday is this Thursday, I had to take advantage of this family gathering and make it a blessing/birthday dinner. We had cake and ice cream, and Hunter got some presents too! Fun and crazy times with all those cousins running around our house!
Hunter requested a Lego guy cake
and all he wanted for his birthday were "new Lego sets"! He was not disappointed!


Can't believe he is almost 5!

Our Happy Family



2 comments:

Ruth said...

It was a beautiful blessing/birthday Sunday. Charity looks like a doll and that is a proud 5 year old Hunter. Love, Grandma

Kristen said...

Charity is such a cutie! Love her wide eyed pic at rain forest cafe.