I am always wishing our family could do more outdoorsy type activities, so when some friends invited us to go Rock Climbing, how could we resist? It was a beautiful place up in the high desert, with beautiful rock formations all around, I felt like I was in Southern Utah!
The boys conquering a rock they hiked up...
All the cute kids joining us on our excursion...
Charity is an outdoor girl and feels at home in the wilderness!
Our fearless leaders and their cute 5 year old boy showing us the way!
Tanner is all geared up and ready to go!
Hunter looks a little nervous before his first climb...
Tanner beginning his descend... Repelling was the hardest part at first since you are supposed to 100% rely on the rope, while feeling like you are falling backwards down a giant rock!
Charity kept herself busy taking off her shoes and then filling them with dirt. She screamed like a mad woman anytime I made her put her shoes back on. Look at the dirt around her, would you want to go shoeless on that terrain?
Hunter climbing up...
And starting his descend...
Ladd got in on the action too!
Tanner scaled this rock and it was not easy!
But, he made it to the mark he had set as a goal. I would say it was about as tall as a two story house!
Hunter made it too! Although I will say I think his "belayer" got a pretty good work out trying to get him up there!
He liked doing "jumpies" on his way down!
It was a really fun adventure!














2 comments:
Wow! I am impressed. They look like real professionals and very brave. They may have to do Mt. Ranier, Denali, or Everest with Mike! Looks like a lot of fun! I also love Charity in the dirt. Love, Grandma
I don't see any pictures of mommy ≈)
Post a Comment