Possessors of the Land
We met together with our school friends to present what we had learned during our "Possessors of the Land" component.
Hunter made marbles, and then taught the kids how to make them and play the game...
Here is a video of Hunter's presentation.
Tanner did a report on communication during Colonial Days, very different from the Facebook world we live in!
Click here for Tanner's presentation
Not nearly as cute but very authentic, we made pumpkin pudding. Pretty good, although I think the kids prefer sugar instead of molasses in their pudding!
Abraham Lincoln
I took some of the older kids to a Lincoln play, and then to a Lincoln Shrine in Redlands. It was a fun play and the shrine was very inspirational. Obviously, our Civil War study is supposed to come at the end of the year so we can study it chronologically in respect to the Colonial time, but all these neat Civil War things keep popping up, so we have to take advantage of them!
Boys Book Club
Book Club this month was Daniel at the Siege of Boston. It was a great spy book and I learned a lot from reading it. I think everyone had a great time at book club. I had to take a picture of the boys sitting on our new couch, because we finally have seating for more than four people in our living room and I am really excited about that!





1 comment:
I love the presentations. They are learning so much. I am also glad the book club has space to stretch out after all that reading! Love, Grandma
Post a Comment