Wednesday, April 9, 2014

You Traitor!

We recently had our school presentations to close our topic, Price of Liberty.  I told the boys they could do a presentation on anything we had learned about during this topic and Tanner chose Benedict Arnold and Hunter wanted to do a report on the history of the American flag.  

I had read Sophia's War to Tanner and it got him interested in this bad guy, Benedict Arnold.  Tanner did a great job researching him, and then dressing up like him to tell the others about his life.  I did very little to help Tanner with this project so I was very proud of his final result!

Click here to see his presentation video!

Ever since learning about Betsy Ross, Hunter has been really into the American flag.  So I was not surprised when that is what he choose to do his presentation on!  Here is his report, now proudly hanging in our classroom!  It was fun going through a w - i - d - e variety of flags with him and narrowing it down to a few that he could teach others about.  Now, whenever we see a flag in a book or wherever, he has to stop and count to see how many stars are in it so we know how many states were in the Union at that time!
Click here to see Hunter's presentation!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love the seriousness of Benedict Arnold...good job, Tanner! Hunter...the flag project looks great...I am glad they have both learned so much about their choices. Love, Grandma