We had an Open House for our school year for grandparents. A little later than usual, but with our trip, and then Charity getting sick, it was the earliest we could fit it in! The B family came too. They just enjoyed our open house though, as their trip was a lot longer than ours (they drove!) and were busy catching up on other things when they got home. Everyone sang the school song, Tanner did a report about our trip, and Hunter recited the Preamble and taught everyone about the Bill of Rights. I was very proud of his memorization skills (we learned the Preamble almost 2 months ago!) and how well he understood the Bill of Rights. The boys gave "tours" of our school room and showed off their journals and other fun things they had done throughout the year. It is always gratifying for them to have someone other than me "ohh and ahh" over their hard work. I will admit, I like seeing all they learned over the year also!
School finally out! Hooray!
Giving tours to grandpa and grandma of school room...
We made a little "museum" with some of the colonial trinkets the kids made or received this year...
Baby girl learned about Patriotism too this year!
And, of course, I need to put pictures up of our completed school room. I am still having a hard time working with the little wall space we have in this room, but this is what we ended up with this year...
Our timeline...
This really was a great year, one of my favorites! Now, everything is off the walls, and stuck in their journals and I am ready to start plunging into preparations for next year's adventure!






2 comments:
It was a wonderful Open House and great showing of everything they learned and experienced this year. As always, I am so impressed with all of their learning and experiences! Great work! Love, Grandma
I love all the art. Your kids have talent!
Post a Comment