Hunter was baptized on Saturday!
A lot of kids were baptized in our stake that day, so it was a long meeting, but it was great! Most of Hunter's girl cousins, Madelyn, Savannah, Maci, Regan, Brielle, and Makaylee, sang "I am a Child of God" as a special musical number. Heidi was the pianist for the day and Maquel led the music. Ladd baptized Hunter, with Grandpa Hoyal and Uncle Scott as witnesses. Ladd blessed Hunter with the gift of the Holy Ghost with Grandpa Hoyal, Uncle Mike, Uncle Lee, Uncle Brett, Uncle Scott, Bro Walker, and Pres Sears in the circle. The closing song was Hunter's favorite hymn, "I Stand All Amazed."
Hunter invited a lot of people and I am so glad most everyone we invited came! All of our family and some of our closest friends were there. Hunter felt loved!
Ladd was a little stressed that day as he was the Bishopric representative for our ward and doing a baptism, but it all worked out and I think it was a nice day for everyone getting baptized!
Afterwards, we had everyone over for cake and ice cream. That will be the last time I have that many people in this house. Our extended family has outgrown our house, and Saturday was a testimony to that fact! Tanner described the party in his journal as "A WILD P-A-R-T-Y!" But, we all survived (except for Hunter's stuffed snake which somehow lost an eye that day).
My mom made this LEGO cake. The "M" is for Max. He is the LEGO mascot mini figure or something. It's what Hunter wanted, and my mom is so good about making cakes just like the kids want!
The cupcakes had H's and 8's. Very cute!
Here is the Cook side of the family-4 generations!
I wanted to get a picture of everyone who came, but didn't have the energy to round everyone up! It was a great day for Hunter and we are so proud of Hunter for making the decision to get baptized and start along the covenant path. May he always remember the love he felt from Heaven and Earth on this special day!







1 comment:
Congratulations to Hunter! I think he felt very special as he should! He is a great kid! Love, Grandma
Post a Comment