Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wild Animals!

We started off our study of Africa with a trip to San Diego's Safari Park.  Tanner blogged about it, so with his permission, I just copied and pasted!  Thanks Tanner!  Here is our trip from the eyes of Tanner...


Last Monday (October 6, 2014), Mom, Hunter, Charity, Grandma, and I (Dad was at work) drove to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. My family (that includes Grandma and I) weren't the only people that we knew that came, though. Our whole school group came too. We started off on a tram ride all around "Africa".  On our way to the tram, however, I (my family was already at the tram; I was with friends at this point!) saw bats and lions. After the tram ride my family and I kind of accidentally departed from the school group and explored on our own. We saw cute lemurs sleeping and eventually found the Bourgeouses eating lunch near the bat area. We (we as in my family and Grandma)  then went to the petting zoo and had lunch. I got a big bacon cheeseburger (without cheese! Wow!), although I don't know if it was real bacon in that cheeseburger.

     After lunch we (from now on we includes my family, grandma, and I)  saw the gorillas, the bird-show, the gorillas again, and then the Cheetah run! The Cheetah run was at 3:30 p.m. and was where you could see a real live cheetah, well, RUN! The cheetah was fast and even had a friend-a dog! The dog had been friends with the Cheetah since they were both little. Awwww, how cute! 

    Next we saw the tigers. Not to brag or anything, but we were LUCKY. The tigers were sleeping right next to the glass in the exhibit (right where we could see them!) when they could've been ANYWHERE in the whole exhibit. We were lucky again when we saw another tiger right in view on the other side of the exhibit. 

    The last thing we saw were the Californian Condors. In 1987 there were only 22 Condors left in the world, but because people have started to save them there are now over 200 Condors. After the Condors we left to….. Home sweet home. 

Pictures, anyone?



                                                    

Charity on the tram!



Hunter with an elephant


Me with an elephant!



Looking over "Africa"


Bats!


Oh-no! A lion!


Fun Friends sitting on a log!


Another log picture...


Crazy drummers...



African Princess Charity!


Balancing African pots on our heads! 



Cute baby Charity riding a turtle!



A Bald Eagle!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a great writer!