Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Bragging Rights

I am going to take a minute to brag about my first born!  Tanner spent all day Saturday making dinners to sell to people to help raise money for a pipeline in Bolivia.  He worked hard!  He made, sold, and delivered 13 dinners after spending sometime advertising on social media.  

Here he is making noodles for the pasta pie…


And a family posted this picture of enjoying their food:  (pasta pie, garlic biscuits, and brownies) although Hayden doesn't look to happy about getting his picture taken!

With the dinners he sold, receiving some straight donations, and donating some of his own money, Tanner earned $300!  His humanities class at Williamsburg Academy had been learning about South America all semester and wanted to do something to help this impoverished land.  They chose to earn money to help build a pipeline which will allow fresh water to a small village in Bolivia.  Here is a video you can watch to learn more!

Another exciting thing for Tanner is that he published his first book!  It is an ebook, and you can buy it on Amazon for $0.99!  It is a quick action packed story that is sure to entertain any middle school boy!  He is really excited about this and I am so proud of how he is putting his creativity to good use!  He is already working on another book!

I love my hard working, diligent, generous, wonderful Tan-Man!



1 comment:

Ruth said...

Congratulations, Tanner, on both accomplishments. Grandma is so very proud of you, too! You are so creative and such a hard worker! You will do great things in this world...I just know it! I love you. Love, Grandma