Sunday, September 23, 2018

School's Back In!

We are so busy this semester!!  We've been learning about the first Day of Creation-"Let there Be Light!"  So we had an exceptional art teacher teach us about Rembrandt, the master of painting light.

 





We've also been learning about Geology in our fun science class...

Making tectonic plates out of graham crackers and marshmallow creme...
 



Sedimentary rocks out of different colors of chocolate...

Learning about the rock cycle...
And lots of other fun geology concepts!

Our extra curriculars are keeping us busy!

The 3 oldest are in a choir that is about an hour away from our house.  I know I am crazy, right?  2 of the 3 love it and I am hoping it will be worth it in the long run!  Luckily they practice about 2 minutes from the beach, so we've made the most of our drive out there!


 


And there is also a really nice library nearby, which has this lovely bunny statue that Hunter made good use of...



 Dog sitting...

Hiking...





Cooking Classes...

Charity is also in gymnastics, the boys are in a Shakespeare class, everyone is in piano, Hunter starts tennis soon...  It's official.  I am crazy!


But, trying to homeschool with a toddler underfoot is by far the most exhausting!  Here's how we keep her busy while we homeschool...



Playing at the park while big siblings are in class...


But most importantly naptime for little one=school time for big kids!


The school year is off to a great start-nonstop for us!  

No comments: