Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kids Christmas Party!!

A few weeks ago, Tanner started planning a Christmas party for all of his friends. I wanted to do something nice for my friends too. I figured the wonderful homeschooling moms I work with could use a few hours during the day with no kids around. So, I decided to let Tanner's party idea become a reality. The kids got to have a party and my friends got a little break during the day to get a few things done before Christmas! Tanner had a very long list of things he wanted to do, we chose four things and instead of an "All Day" party like he requested, we settled on a two hour party. Here is our list of four:

1. Christmas Crafts!
All the kids went home with a snowflake ornament but the girls were the ones who really got crafty!

2. Lunch.
We made Star Shaped sandwiches before the guests arrived. I read the kids a Christmas book while they were eating even though that did not make Tanner's list!

3. Decorating Gingerbread Men.
All the kids were very creative and wanted to save their creations rather than eat them which I am sure made for a messy car ride home. Sorry about that...


4. Free Play! Tanner made it very clear that he wanted plenty of time for "Free Play" with his friends. Of course, all the boys ended up on the hill and this picture pretty much sums up what they enjoyed best about the party...

It was a fun two hours for all!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think that Tanner is a very good party planner. That looks like a lot of fun was had by all.