Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sea World!

I love Sea World and have not been there since I was in Junior High. But, thanks to Homeschool Day, we could actually afford to go this year.

It was our major field trip for our Polar Explorers unit. The Wild Arctic exhibit was perfect. It had an explorer base camp and a model of an old Polar Explorer ship that had been frozen into the ice. Of course we got to see the animals up close and personal too. It was just about as close as we could get to the real thing without actually going to the North or South Pole!


Hmm, do I dare go in the Polar Bear den?

Tanner's favorite part of the day were the three shows we went to: Shamu Show, Dolphin show and the Sea Lion Show, and looking at the Manatees.

Hunter seemed to enjoy it all. When I told him we were going to see Penguins he said, "Penguins in Antarctica, coldest place on Earth." I guess he is picking up some of what Tanner is learning!

Yesterday was the most beautiful day. It was AWESOME!

4 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

So fun! I love the shamu shots in the tank! Our girls want to go there so maybe we will get passes this year!

Kristen said...

Wow, that almost tempts me to homeschool...

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! Are you still a consultant for Cherish Bound? I want to put together a book for Connor for his 12th birthday. If you're not, do you know anyone who is?
Thanks
Sheri Ryan 909-528-1822

Reggs said...

COOL!! Melissa this looked like a blast. Makes me wish I was there to come and CRASH!
Plus, i've always wanted to ride on the back of a killer whale. :P