Friday, January 30, 2009

My Highs and Lows for the Week

High: Brothers.
The boys have been getting along pretty well this week. My favorite sound is these two giggling together.


Low: 30.
I am turning (gulp!) thirty tomorrow. I am hoping I will wake up tomorrow and it will be February 1 and my birthday will have passed and I will still be in my 20s.

High: Black Bean and Corn enchiladas.

Tanner made this recipe at his cooking class on Monday and it is delicious. We made it yesterday at home. Hooray a new recipe that we all like!

Low: Treats.
I have been on a bad eating binge lately. I am old now and my body can certainly feel a difference when I eat poorly.

High: Race to the South Pole!
We reenacted the original Race to the South Pole with all the Junior Explorers at the Park on Wednesday. The kids had a great time. I am having fun teaching the unit that I planned for the school year.

Low: Fire.
Hunter climbs on everything. The other day I found him standing on top of the kitchen cupboard and he had turned the stove on. Luckily there were no injuries.

What were your highs or lows for the week?

5 comments:

Bethany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! The thirties are great!

Sarah Hull said...

Happy Happy Birthday! You are one awesome gal! Hope your day is a special one.

I too am a lover of kids giggling and getting along. There is nothing better.

Will you share the new enchilada recipe one day with us? It sounds great

Oh my goodness, that is so scary about Hunter and the stove!!!

My high this week was that we got to go to the temple. Low sick kids.

Have a wonderful day! You deserve it!!!!

The Milligan Blog said...

Highs-- Brielle is almost potty trained.. Lows-- my stomach is getting fatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i guess that could be considered a high though cause a baby is inside :) )

The Milligan Blog said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cohagans said...

Happy Birthday Cousin! My highs.....the week is over, Bridget will be here in 20 weeks, we are half way there! my lows....cleaning the house for a super bowl party and only a 2 day weekend (that is half way over) :-)

Hope you have a great birthday! We love you!