We took part in our city's Annual Race this year. Tanner ran the Half Mile Kids Dash and I ran the Half Marathon. The weather cooperated with us and we all had a great time (minus the black toe and red blister I got!)
For some dumb reason the kids race starts at the same time as the half marathon, so I couldn't see Tanner's race, but luckily my mom and Ladd were there to cheer him on. They said he talked to his friend the whole time he was running (surprise, surprise) and looked like he was about to fall over as he crossed the finish line. But they got some great shots of him...
The "I am about to die" face...

It is all thumbs up after the race because now it is time for snacks!

Josh, Tanner, and Dallin after the race. As my mom was taking this picture, a newspaper woman came by and took a picture of the boys and wrote down their names. We are hoping to see them in the Fontana Herald News next Friday!
The Half Marathon was a nice downhill run through the mountains. I enjoyed it and am only a little sore today. I didn't push myself too hard and my time wasn't quite as good as last year, but I am fine with that. I finished in 2 hours and 2 minutes, with a 9:23 average mile. I haven't been in a race since the dreadful marathon, so this has inspired me to do more races. The half marathons are MUCH better than going the full 26.2 miles! Thank goodness for this guy so I can train in the mornings while everyone is peacefully sleeping...

On a side note, I was surprised to I run into so many people I knew! A friend from high school dance team was running, Janine Newman; another friend from high school, Steve Nelson's, wife was running who by the way is very fast; a friend who lived in the dorms with me at BYU's husband was running; and of course all the people from my ward whom I expected to see there. It is a small world!

This kid probably would have won it all if he was old enough- he is fast!
Next year Ladd says he will do the 5k, it is on!
4 comments:
Sorry I didn't get a picture of you crossing the finish line-maybe next time. Hope you got some rest today. Love you!
See! He is a runner! Congrats to you both! You should come up north next year and to the See Jane Run half. It was a great event.
That is AWESOME!!! You Hoyals are turning into a running family! That is so fun that you "ran" into so many old friends! What a treat!
Keep up the awesome work. You are an inspiration to me!
I am always so proud of people who can run...because I can't. congrats! I am also very impressed with Tanner!
Post a Comment