This week has been crazy! With Ladd being gone a lot for work (literally all over California: Stockton, Oxnard and Van Nuys all within two days!) and me trying to get ready for the first day of school, which is Aug. 24, I feel like I have been in a frenzy all week! I spent every extra moment I had this week in the school room organizing and decorating. I keep Tanner out of that room two weeks before school starts so everything will be a surprise for him. I got a lot done this week, which is a huge burden off my shoulders. But, there is still plenty left to go...
While I have been busy in the upstairs corner of my house, my kids have discovered a new passion- LEGOS! When Tanner is passionate about something, he really goes all out. It is all he thinks and talks about. For his birthday in May, he got this awesome LEGO set from my dad. I always put away a few toys my kids get for their birthdays/Christmas and get it out a few months later. This way you have something new and fun in the middle of the year! So, we got out the LEGO set on Wednseday and that is all I have heard about since. Both boys have loved it and even all our friends who have come over to play this week have been enthralled with these LEGOS. Who know LEGOS were so AWESOME! Apparently the LEGO Company does because they charge $90 for the set Tanner wants next. So when he hasn't been playing with LEGOS, he has been doing all sorts of chores around the house to earn money. He's got a lot of dusting to do to earn that much money!
Anyways, the moral of this post is: if you have something to do, use LEGOS to keep your kids busy!
3 comments:
Patrick has recently discovered LEGOS too. It keeps him busy for a few hours! I'm already getting anxious about the little pieces and the baby, and she can't even crawl yet! LOL
Legos are big around here. The best thing we did is take the trains off the train table and put legos on it. It keeps the little pieces in one spot, gives them a hard surface to work on and plenty of room for lots of kids to play.
Do they make pink legos?!
Post a Comment