Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blame it on the Rain

This has been a gloomy week for lots of reasons. But instead of focusing on the gloom, I thought I would add some sunshine to my life by posting some pictures from recent school events...

Hunter is learning his letters! We have been doing a preschool class co-op with the little ones in our school group. It is fun to hear him pointing out letters he knows whenever he sees them. H and T are his favorites!


We have been doing so much science associated with Journey to the Center of the Earth! Here are a few of the science classes we have done...
Rocks
Suzanne did this class at her house and Tanner had a great time. I took the boys up in the hills behind our house for a "rock hunt" afterwards. It was such a beautiful day to hike through the hills!

Fossils
I taught a fossil class where we got to make our own fossils. They actually turned out really good!

Layers of the Earth
Tanner got to make these models to help him remember the layers of the Earth at Julie's house.
With a new semster, we started a new class: Art at Studio Claremont. Tanner loves this class! So far, they have done painting and clay sculptures.

Here is a sideways view of Tanner's Valentines sculpture. I love that he chose to do a picture of his house for something he loves!

After art, right next door, is cooking! We love his teacher, Chef Leslie, and I love that Tanner is always willing to try new things because of cooking class!

We started a PE co-op class this semester-we are doing gymnastics this month! I think Tanner has a new passion! He has been doing cartwheels and handstands constantly since he started this class! It doesn't really bother me because I can remember wanting to walk on my hands rather than my feet when I was little.

All right, I feel a little less gloomy now after looking at these cute pictures of these cute boys...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I never get over the amazing things you do with your boys! It all is really cool!

Ruth said...

I agree with you, Melissa. I feel a whole lot less gloomy after looking at these two charmers. I love them so much. Love, Grandma