Monday, September 27, 2010

Doctor Intervention

My kids get hurt all the time but I have felt lucky that we have not had any major injuries requiring the help of a doctor, until now. On Saturday Hunter was climbing on our barstools, which I am always telling him not to do, this time he leaned back and the corner of the table broke his fall. It also broke right through his skin and made a pretty deep cut on the crown of his head. We rushed him to Urgent Care where he was promptly given 2 staples to help his wound heal. I was very impressed with Hunter. He did not shed a single tear at the doctor's office. He sat perfectly still when they asked him to and when we got home reported, "That was fun!" This is the same kid who doesn't cry when he gets a shot and watches the needle go in when he gets blood drawn. He certainly did not get this bravery from me! I think we have a future doctor on our hands. The saddest part about this is that he will have to miss his swimming lessons all week and it is over 100 degrees! Perfect week for swimming-oh well!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Grandma is so proud of her brave boy!