Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Homeschool Happenings

Did you know Constitution Day is on Sept. 17 and that every public school is supposed to celebrate it? I sure didn't until we joined a Charter School that makes sure it follows all rules to a tee. So every year on Sept. 17 we do some kind of Constitution lesson. This year, I decided to invite all of our homeschool friends over and make it a group lesson. The kids had fun and I was super impressed with all of their cute artwork.

We have been learning about the Creation of the Earth the last few weeks and took some time to appreciate nature yesterday at the L.A. Arboretum. It was a perfect day for being outside. The kids enjoyed the beautiful surroundings and exploring some new environments.


2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love that arboretum!!

Ruth said...

Tell Tanner that I absolutely love that Statue of Liberty drawing! Love, Grandma