Friday, November 4, 2011

Softball

The boys have been taking softball this month. It has been a really fun sport for them to play and for me to watch. I love watching the little ones try to figure where and when to run. My favorite quote was from Hunter when, while standing near the pitcher's mound and his job was to catch the ball and throw to first, he said, "I like to let the batter get to base first before I throw the ball so I don't accidentally hit them." I am glad I have a compassionate, although not very competitive, little athlete.

Tanner has also shown his love, or lack thereof, for competitive sports. Earlier this week a group of boys were playing kickball outside. Tanner kept coming in and getting random things from the house. I asked what he was doing and he said, "I am going to be the water boy. It's more fun for me to give out water than play." He had a whole water station set up and gave out almost all of his Halloween candy as well. The neighborhood kids probably loved it and Tanner was quite proud of keeping his friends hydrated. This is the same kid who cannot understand why his dad gets so upset over BYU losing a game. "It is only a game! Who cares."

No comments: