Monday, May 13, 2013

Monet's Garden

We have had a fun time learning about Monet.  There are so many fun kids picture books about him that we've enjoyed reading.  We made these flower vases in his style for our mothers day gifts...
 And got to spend some time painting outside just like the Impressionists.  This was a very calming experience for the boys, I will have to remember this activity!


We've also been working a bit in the garden.  We have had caterpillars, watched them turn into chrysalis', and then butterflies.  We let them free in our garden this week...



This one got away right as I took the picture...

Maybe one day I will have a garden that somewhat resembles Monet's in Giverny, won't that be the day!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Beautiful! And we just got our caterpillars and lady bug larvae in the mail today -- we love our bugs!

Happy Mother's Day!

Ruth said...

I love my Mother's Day paintings...I think I will frame them! Love, Grandma