Friday, July 19, 2013

Utah!

Now that we have a van and aren't so squished when we travel, we drove up to Utah to visit some friends!  Other than me slipping and pulling some ligaments in my foot the first night we were there, we had a great time!  The "C" family was so nice to let us stay for a week!  It was so fun to see the boys playing like no time had gone by since they last saw each other.  I loved getting to hang out with Suzanne and am so grateful that she took such good care of me and my injury!

We spent an afternoon with my long time friend Jenn at her son's baseball game.  Her parents were in town too, so I was glad to see them.  I wish we could've spent more time with her, but it seems like we are always so busy when we go to Utah!

Ladd flew up on Wednesday so he could help me hobble around a bit.  We even went to Temple Square, which was probably way too much walking for me, but I am glad the kids got to see it.











Tanner and Dallin did a performing arts camp together which they loved.  They did a puppet show at the end of the week and both boys did a great job.  They even made it into the Brigham City newspaper-picture and all!  The last time Tanner was in a newspaper, Dallin was with him.  They are meant for stardom-together!

Tanner and Dallin's marionettes on stage...
 Tanner played the part of the "Reluctant Dragon"

 These cuties were too young for camp but had a GREAT time playing together all week while their moms hashed out some school stuff for next year.


We stopped by BYU to reminisce and go the Creamery, but had to get a picture by the Tanner building.  (Tanner was named for N. Eldon Tanner-so its fitting!)
 Inside the building, standing next to Pres. Tanner's bust and quote:  "Service is the rent we pay for living in this world of ours."

On our drive home, we went to Cove Fort, just south of Filmore.  It makes for a nice break on a long drive.  The boys were impressed with the gun slots built into the fort and Ladd was impressed with the BYU football player that also happened to stop off at Cove Fort.  How many giant sized football players would stop at a place like that with his girlfriend?  Only a Cougar!  


It was a fun trip and, oh, how I miss my Utah friends!  Glad we have a van now so we can hopefully get up there more often!

In front of the Las Vegas Temple on our way home...



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like a great trip! And darn about that injury. I hope you recover soon!

Ruth said...

Well, I am glad to have you back in So. CA; however, it looked like a great trip. I love the Reluctant Dragon pictures...what fun. Lots of fun for all and glad you got to spend time with good friends. Love, Grandma/Mom