We completed our study of China this week. We had a great time learning about a culture so totally different than our own! We made scd-legal fried rice, or should I say cauliflower, as rice is illegal! But it was good and we all tried chop sticks! Our group participated in a Qi-gong class- an ancient Chinese art that is supposed to help you heal your organs naturally through breath and movement. Think yoga without the sweat. We also went to a Chinese New Year celebration at the LA Zoo. They had dragon parades and Kung fu performances. It was on a Saturday, I don't think I will go back to the Zoo on a Saturday!!
My mom took Hunter and Charity to the SanDiego Zoo with our school group. How can you study China without studying these giant bundles of cuteness...
Tanner had lots of obligations that day, so I stayed home with him. It sounds like we missed out on a fun day. Hunter came home with all sorts of interesting information about pandas!
We had a presentation day. One family made this amazing red dragon that all the kids got to go in...
Hunter presented on the Great Wall of China by showing the Great Wall lap book he made...
And Charity talked a bit about pandas and showed off her cute artwork…
Wahn-ahn! (good night)











No comments:
Post a Comment