Felicity Joy Hoyal
May 10, 2016
7:40 am
7 pounds 8 ounces, 20.5 inches
This sweet little girl was born on the day she was supposed to, is the only one of our kids to be in the "normal" range for babies weight, and is absolutely perfect in every way! Our scheduled c-section was for 7:30am on May 10. She was born at 7:40. We were so happy to hear the weight and see our beautiful healthy little angel. The c-section went without any complications, just uncontrollable shaking and crying from mommy, but that is to be expected by now since I did it with all my babies! We delivered her at the new Kaiser Fontana hospital and I was very pleased. In the operating room, they put the baby station where I could see her most of the time. During my other c-sections, I saw the baby really quick then baby was wisked away to another part of the room and I didn't know what was going on. This time I saw Ladd "cut" the cord and everything. They even let me "hold" her once she was all wrapped up. This was certainly me best c-section!
By the time I got out of the operating room and into recovery, sweet little Felicity was looking for something to eat! Wide awake and tongue out, ready to go! She latched on immediately and went to town! All of my babies have been good little nursers, but she didn't need any help at all. What a perfect little one!
When we got into our room, I was still very shaky and just worn out. I was glad they said I wouldn't need to get out of bed until the next morning. With my other c-sections, they wanted me up and moving as soon as possible. They would take my catheter out, meaning I would have to get up to go to the bathroom. Walking was always so painful and miserable in those first 24 hours. This time, I think getting to heal a little before getting up helped a lot! By the next morning I was feeling so much better and it made getting out of bed so much easier!
Both my mom and Heidi were there waiting to meet Felicity when we got into our room. They were impressed with all the dark hair (where did that come from?) and her alertness and sweet disposition. Later, my dad and sister and Mike (Ladd's dad) made it to the hospital to meet little Felicity within her first hours of life. I am so glad all the grandparents got to see her right away since they will be such a major part of her life!
Happy Girl!
We've had coughs and runny noses at our house this week, so I was very hesitant to let the kids come visit at the hospital. But, no one had fevers or anything major, and we didn't want the kids to miss the opportunity to meet their sister in the hospital like we've been preparing them for months. So we decided to let them come, but they couldn't kiss her and needed to wear masks when holding her. I am glad they came, because they were in heaven! My mom said on the way home from the hospital, Charity said, "The only time I am happy in my life is when I am with Felicity. When I am not with her, I am mad or sad." She also said, "The only thing I care about is Felicity, and Dragon City" (an iPad game). We might need to work on finding balance in Charity's life!
The rest of our hospital stay was very smooth. Felicity continued to nurse well (as long as she was "skin to skin" - when we put clothes on her it was like she totally forgot how to nurse!) She was very wakeful for a newborn but let me get a few good naps in there too. She weighted 6 lbs 15 oz when we brought her home, which was within the normal weight loss range. She was a bit jaundiced but not anything that the doctor was worried about. Felicity has been the easiest baby so far! No extra blood tests for jaundice, or formula supplementation because she had lost too much weight. We are praying this sweet little angel will stay on this path and stay healthy! My nurses were great and it was the best hospital stay we've had!
Coming Home outfit...
The kids are happy to have their baby sister home. They are still stuffed up, so they are not as "hands on" with her as they would like to be.
Hunter says "All babies are cute but she has something special!''
The first day home, my friend Suzanne happened to be in town and stopped by to meet Felicity. Maquel and Peri paid her visit as well!
I am so grateful for the help we received this week with the kids and meals. Especially all that my mom has done, she has been working non stop all week!! I am totally useless so can't imagine what my house and kids would look like without her! We feel so blessed to have Felicity in our lives. We all love her so much and are so excited to have a cute little sister in our family! Welcome Felicity! We love you!

3 comments:
Felicity Joy Hoyal is beyond precious! I LOVE that I live close enough to enjoy being with my grandkids often. Love, Grandma
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family.She looks perfect. I can even see the family resemblance in one of the pictures, and I couldn't even see it in my own kids when they were babies =) What a great week =)
She's so tiny and precious! Congrats!
Post a Comment