
On Saturday, four friends and I ran in the Agoura Hills "Great Race". I ran the 10K , which is a little over 6 miles. But, Wendy, Bethany, Laurie, and Suzanne were the true champions, they all finished the 1/2 marathon! We had lots of fun.
On Friday, four of us drove out and stayed the night at a hotel. We went out to dinner at a little Italian Restaurant. We figured some pasta would help give us the energy we needed to make it through the race. Little did we know that we would be the only people at this "Italian Cafe" wearing jeans and tennis shoes. Everyone was dressed up and the "live entertainment" took great interest in us. He asked if we were students, where are boyfriends were and when he saw Laurie's ring, he asked if she was married or engaged. She responded that she was married with four children. We proceeded to tell him that between the four of us, there were thirteen children. He was shocked, but that did not stop him from serenading our table with some song none of us were familiar with, but were pretty sure it was a little inappropriate. Oh well, at least the food was really good!
Anyways, race day was early and exciting. I am very proud of my half marathoners! They said it was more of a hike than a run, with difficult hills and very rocky terrain. But, the 10k was beautiful! There were some steep hills, but not too bad. Agoura Hills is a beautiful area and the run was very scenic. I ran it in a little over 58 minutes, with a pace of 9:24 per mile. I was hoping to finish in less than an hour, which I barely did! I finished 28 out of 132 in my age division. I had a good time and am looking forward to the Fontana half marathon in June! I am glad I have such good friends who inspire me...
5 comments:
How awesome are you? Way to go Melissa!!
Wow! you are the woman! You and your friends are so motivated and are a great example and inspiration to me. I'm currently working on endurance doing the eliptical at the YMCA. I want to start running again, but for now, I'll have to go with the machines.
You are super woman! Congratulations! I admire you so much. Running is not my thing, but I wish I could get over that and run a marathon! I'm so proud of you!
Way to go! I love that you set a goal, worked toward it and accomplished it and then set another goal? What a good example you are for your kids (and me:)
You are so awesome! What a neat weekend for you and your girlfriends!
Way to go!
Post a Comment