Monday, June 16, 2008

Too Much Fun!

We've been busy, busy already and summer has just begun! We are paying for this busyness, though, with a lack of sleep and not so healthy diet. Lack of sleep and too much sugar are Tanner's kryptonite, as Ladd calls it. He has been so wired lately! Whenever we go through phases like this, I think I am a bad mom and doing everything all wrong! But, then I remember that thus far all of his phases that have driven me crazy eventually go away, and he becomes sweet again. So, to conquer this one, we are trying to stay away from sugar and work on getting to bed earlier. Although the late sunset makes this a little more difficult!
Anyways here are a few pics from our recent goings-on:

Bob the Builder at the Discovery Science Center

I wish this exhibit would have been six months ago when Tanner insisted that we call him Bob and he walked around the house in his Bob costume. But, the boys had fun anyways!


Amy's Farms
We went to a farm in Ontario today with a group of friends from Church. This farm raises calves. Since Dairy farms are not interested in calves, just the milk from their mothers, this farm takes care of the calves until they are old enough to become mothers and give milk. The kids got to feed the calves with giant bottles, feed lettuce to the pigs, and pet a lot of the animals. It was a fun, but hot experience!

Hunter loved petting the goats!

Feeding the pigs.

Feeding the calves, boy were they hungry!


This is Mama Tina. She is basically finished with her duties as a cow, they just keep her around for the tour. She is 12 years old. I asked the farmer the average life expectancy of cows and he said no one really knows. Not too many cows die from natural causes. Mama Tina is a science experiment to see how long cows live! Poor cows!



Hunter's Artwork
Don't let this sweet smile fool you! The other day while I was doing laundry I hear Tanner calling: "Mom, mom! We are going to have to get a new house." Of course I was curious as to why and he responded: "Hunter colored all over our house-with a MARKER!" Hoping to find this artwork somewhere easy to clean, like the tile floor, I was disappointed to see my brown couch and red ottoman and pillows had turned blue. Not so easy to clean! I got most of it out,
but please share if you have a secret that gets marker totally out of upholstery! As you can tell by the blue on his eye, the marker was all over himself as well! What a stinker. Good thing our couches were cheap!

Happy Father's Day!
We had dinner with my dad to celebrate. He and Ladd watched the Lakers together. The Laker's won, what more could they ask for? I am so grateful for my dad, my father-in-law, and of course my fabulous husband. They are all such wonderful fathers! We are truly blessed!

2 comments:

Matt and Jackie said...

Hi Hoyal family! We saw you checked out our blog..now we're checking out yours. Good to see all of you are doing terrific. Congrats to Ladd on the graduation!

Jenn said...

Hi Melu!! Thanks for dropping by to see our site, It is amazing how many old faces are coming out of the woodwork because of this blog thing. I love it. It was very fun to read about your family, and I look forward to visiting every once in a while. You look amazing and your boys are very handsome...Congrats to your husband!