UTAH!
This past week the boys and I spent in Utah. We signed Tanner up for the Mini-cubs Soccer Camp at BYU. My lifelong friend, Jenn, had her little boy, Sam, in the camp too. It was fun to see her and her cute kids everyday. It makes me wish she lived closer so we could do fun things together more often! Dallin and Josh, good friends from our ward, also joined Tanner at camp. Their family got to stay with us at my sister in law's house in Cedar Hills. It was so nice to have Suzanne and her boys around for our trip. Tanner and Hunter loved having friends to play with from the moment they woke up until the time they went to bed at night. Here are a few highlights from our trip:Tanner and Sam ready for their first day of soccer camp.
Dallin, Tanner, and Sam = BYU Soccer Champs! Josh is a champ too, with his power kicks, he just didn't make it in the picture!
Soccer camp was in the afternoons, so we kept ourselves busy in the mornings seeing some of the sites Utah has to offer...
Soccer camp was in the afternoons, so we kept ourselves busy in the mornings seeing some of the sites Utah has to offer...
Hunter and Lauren digging for dinosaur bones. They became pretty good buddies this trip as they watched their big brothers at camp. Hunter called her Lo-lo and she was such a good little mommy for him!
Fontana Days Half Marathon
The boys showed up just after I crossed the finish line. I finished earlier than I thought I would, which is a good thing, but I think they were kind of wondering why they were even there...
Fontana Days Half Marathon
We returned home from our trip Friday afternoon and I woke up early Saturday to run 13.1 miles in the Fontana Days Half Marathon. It was such a nice day for running. We started way up Lytle Creek to begin our run through the mountains. The first half of the race was beautiful! Then, we got into downtown Fontana, not quite so beautiful, but it was downhill so I didn't mind. I finished in 2 hours and 3 minutes, averaging about 9 minutes, 20 seconds per mile. I felt very good with this! I was happy to have ran the whole way and be able to talk about it afterwards! I felt pretty good after the race, although I had trouble digesting my food the rest of the day and my legs are pretty sore today...
It was fun running a race so close to home because lots of people from our ward ran it too! The smart ones ran the 5k and the crazy people ran the half marathon!
4 comments:
Congratulations on your time with the half marathon, Melissa. I think that is great and I am so proud of you. Soccer camp looks like at lot of fun--it's always more fun with good friends around.
What fun pictures!!! I'm glad you had fun in Utah. I know, next time you visit, hopefully we'll actually be there :) Great job on your half marathon!!! You did so awesome!! You are inspiring me to finally do one! We'll see :) So I am officially coming to CA to visit. I will fly out there the 24th of this month. So I will see you sooooooonnnn!!!
Dude- that's dedication- going all the way to Utah for Soccer!
Looks like fun!!
We needed to take a trip to Utah anyways! We just decided to go up the week of soccer camp!
Post a Comment