Friday, March 13, 2009

Ways to Save

These days I think we are all trying to save a little dough. Here is what I have been doing to keep a little more in the bank:

1. Less going out to eat!
Homemade food tastes better and is better for you anyway. I make Ladd's lunches and I have stopped going to fast food restaurants. Macaroni and cheese is just as fast on those crazy nights!
2. A friend is a hairstylist and cuts hair from home. She is much cheaper, does a great job, and is more fun to talk to than someone at a salon!
3. Stockpiling. I try to limit going to the grocery store. Buying non-perishables (that we use!) in bulk when they are on sale saves a lot. I do go once a week for produce and other random things I might need for a meal, but I have a very strict budget on these weekly trips.
4. Less driving. I try to plan my day so that any errands I might need to do can be done in one trip. Who wants to load and unload the kids all day anyway?
5. Stay away from Temptations! Mine include Target and Michaels. I always spend way more than I planned when I go to those places.

What have you done to save money?

4 comments:

Becky said...

That is soooo true about Target. Your advice is very sound and I should definitely try the taking fewer outings thing in order to save gas.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Amen sista!

Lost in Jello said...

Yup I agree, with our tax return we bought a years supply of diapers. Now that is a lot of huggies, but one less monthly expense. :)

Bethany said...

I'm completely with you, Melissa. I now only walk in to Target once a month. Really, if there's something I really need, I get it somewhere else, but most the time it's not an issue.

We missed you today on our 17.

And, I love those pics you posted of your boys getting along so well. I love seeing that!