Today we had fun with science at Biology Day! A biology teacher who teaches high school level biology classes to homeschoolers has her students plan a series of classes to teach to younger kids once a year. It was so fun! The kids rotated between twelve classes all focusing on different animal classifications. The highlights were the frog dissection (the kids got to dissect their own frogs!) and dissecting the owl pellets. Tanner was very impressed with the mole skull he found in his pellet! What a fun, educational day! Hooray!
4 comments:
I would love to send my kids on some of the fun field trips you create for your kids, so cool!
That is so cool! What a wonderful day! The not touching the frog thing for Tanner must come straight from Grandma! What a really great day and I can't wait to hear all about it from Tanner and Hunter.
I am so impressed by how you homeschool your boys. You do such a great job at it and so many fun things too. I wouldn't have touched that frog either. :)
I got to distect a frog in high school, I can't imagine seeing it when I was 5. How incredible!
Post a Comment