I flew up to
San Francisco this weekend to visit my sister, Monica, and her fiancee, Brad. Brad had a box for the
San Francisco Ballet and so we got to see the ballet in style. We even got a backstage tour during one of the intermissions. The ballet was beautiful. They did three programs and my favorite was "Within the Golden Hour", the ballet that Brad happened to sponsor! It was a wonderful afternoon.


We spent the rest of the day eating , sightseeing, and more eating. It was fun to spend the day with my mom and my sister, and finally see her condo.

The Cook Girls ready for the Ballet!

Our gracious hosts!

This is an old cathedral that had the most beautiful doors that had scenes from the scriptures on them.
On Sunday, my sister took us on a driving tour of San Fransisco. Seriously, I don't know how anyone can drive there! The streets are so narrow and steep and every other street only goes one way. Monica is an awesome driver- I would not have been able to do it! We saw her school, (University of San Fransisco), the Golden Gate Bridge, the Full House opening credits house and park, and lots of other cool things. It was a nice get away and I felt more ready to take on my week after a weekend away!

A beautiful, clear day in San Fran!

The University of San Fransisco sits atop a hill over looking the city. It is a beautiful campus and all the hills make for a great workout. No wonder Monica is in such great shape!
Back on the Homefront...
While I was gone, my dad taught
my 3 boys how to fish. Tanner was so excited and neither of the boys cared that I was leaving because they knew they were going fishing with Grandpa! They went to a trout pond in Mount Baldy. Everyone had a great time (except for the three fish that are now in our freezers!) and now I need to learn how to cook Trout!


4 comments:
What a great trip! (I'm a little envious -- we lived in SF for 6 months and frankly, there are times I still miss it.)
Glad you had a good time!
I can't keep up with all you do! I am very jealous that you went to the SF Ballet. I would have loved it.
What a fun weekend away! You lucky girl!
I had a hard time posting it at first too... but I then clicked on "help" on the top part of the blog and I typed in "how to upload a you tube video" and we had it up in like 15 seconds. Hope that helps.
What a fun trip! Next time bring your fam and stay with us. We will show you the kid tour of the city.
Post a Comment