As I am putting Hunter to bed, I start singing I am a Child of God, like I always do. Then he says, "Sing Grandma's song". So I start singing a song I have heard my mom sing to the kids and he gets a big smile. Then he says. "No, that's Grandmas song. You sing Mommy's song." Apparently, he was just checking to make sure I knew what Grandma's song was.
The other night Hunter was playing and out of the blue he says, "I want to go Trick-or-Treating." I was surprised he even remembered what that was because we have not talked about it since last Halloween.
Hunter and I were in a Mommy and Me swimming class and I had decided it was time for him to go under the water. After I dunked him, he came up sputtering and on the verge of tears, when another wonderful mom in the class came over to encourage him and tell him what a big boy he was for going under the water. He was not buying this. He looked straight at her and said, "Hunter is not a fish!"
Last time we were at my mom's she had mentioned needed to go to the store so Hunter told her just what to buy: chocolate milk, crackers, and cookies. The next time he saw her, the first thing he asked her, "Do you have cookies at your house?" We know what is important to him...
We are working on staying in his big boy bed when I put him down at night. When he gets out of bed, he always says, "The rooster said Cock a doodle do!" I assure him roosters don't crow at night.
5 comments:
Those are such cute stories about Hunter! I don't have your e-mail address, so I found your blog to tell you that I thought that Tanner was so cute in Primary today. I was sitting just behind him during Sharing Time. Maquel said something about obeying our parents & doing things the first time they ask us to do something. Tanner's immediate response to the boy next to him was, "We should just do things before our mom asks us. Then she will be so happy!" I just thought that was so cute! What a sweet boy you have!
Hunter is growing so fast. He is a character--funny and so smart. Love the comment about Tanner in his primary class. I love both these boys so much!
I love it!!!
This post had me cracking up the whole time! "Hunter is not a fish!" That's SO FUNNY!!! And the rooster, oh that is just too much! My goodness you've got a little comedian over there!!!
So cute! It amazing how much their little brains retain at this age! I love it. It's one of the most challenging ages, but at the same time, it's one of the funnest!
Post a Comment