Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to the Routine...

I am glad to be back in the routine of school! We had a few days of adjustment last week getting back into our school routine, but this week has been very enjoyable. Our first unit is "Main Street" where we are learning about our Individual Worth and reading autobiographies of authors/illustrators. Tanner is working hard (like writing a three paragraph autobiography!)and we enjoy including Hunter in some of our "school activities". I really feel like this year will be a great growing year for both of my boys, and me!

On another note, Tanner earned the money for his LEGO set, with the help of a very generous Grandma! It is his prize possession and keeps all boys who enter our house very occupied.

Tanner and his cousin Jace, "the LEGO Expert" finished the almost 1,000 piece set over a two day period.
Tanner was so kind to let Hunter have the Police motorcycle which he has not put down!
I'll say it again, I love toys that keep kids entertained, especially when they pay for it themselves!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow! Tanner, you are becoming quite the Lego expert builder yourself! That was very nice that you let Hunter play with the motorcycle. I also love the faces on the crackers. Good job!

Packer Family said...

Your boys are so blessed to have a wonderful Grandma!!

Ruth said...

Also, wow! A three paragraph autobiography--super job, Tanner!