Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cruisin' into 10 years

Wow-it has been awhile since I posted. I blame it on the lazy gene I have developed with this pregnancy.

Anyways, Ladd and I went on a Cruise! We wanted to do something fun for our tenth anniversary and since I will be the size of the boat by May, we decided to do it in January. We went to Ensenada on a three day cruise. Our purpose was to relax and not worry about a thing and that is exactly what we did! On the ship we went to two comedy shows (Ladd's choice), two Musicals (my choice), miniature golfing, lounging on deck, and of course lots, and lots of eating.

We spent one day in Ensenada. Because of my "condition" we couldn't do any of the more adventurous excursions like horseback riding or kayaking, so we settled for a driving and walking tour of Ensenada and then a Mexican cooking class at a restaurant- Mango-Mango. It turned out to be very fun! I learned that if you keep the pit of the avocado in your guacomole, it won't turn brown! We also learned that salsa is called Mexican Sauce in Mexico because it is made of red, green, and white ingredients-the colors of the Mexican flag! Of course we spent some time shopping along the main street in town.
Our tour guide Brenda. She was great. Behind her is "las tres cabasas(sp?)". Three giant busts of men who really made Mexico a wonderful place for all of its citizens. Hmm... I am still pondering this...
A sweet art sculpture made out of whale bones found at the pier.

Aside from the giant heads, whale bones art, and unfinished buildings, Ensenada really was a beautiful place. There are a lot of gorgeous houses up on the hillside, colorful activity down in the city, and of course a beautiful bay surrounded by islands.
Ladd and I in "Paradise"

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I am so glad you had a great time. You both deserve the time away. Love, Grandma